The Car Accident Interviews

The Car Accident:
Facts:
-Roger Clementine was charged with driving under aged, without a license. He was also charged with going over the speed limit and driving in the wrong lane.
-Roger Clementine was 13
-John Smith was 91
-Melba Smith was 67
-It was sunny outside
-The road was wet
-John was going 10 mph
-Clementine was going 60 mph.
- The Clementine car belonged to his uncle.

Interviews:
-Roger Clementine 
1. Why did you decide to take you uncles car and drive away?
     "I hadn't wanted to go visit my uncle for the weekend I wanted to go hang out with my friends, I                 figured that if i could drive myself back my parents wouldn't take me back."

2. Did you know when you were driving the possiblilitites that you had risked?
     "I thought I was in complete control, I didn't think anything like this would ever happen to me."

3. How do you feel knowing how much you hurt the other families?
     "I feel so ashamed of what I did, I would give up anything to take it back. I've donated my savings the the family to help with medical bills, ect. 

-Melba Smith
1. What was the major affect from this accident?
     "I left with only a bloody nose, but sadly my husband wasn't as lucky. He is currently in the ICU and is suffering from brain damage."

2. What do you think Clementine was thinking when he got in the car?
     "I honestly don't think that he meant to hurt anyone but he wasn't thinking and people have consequences for not thinking."

3. How do you feel about the accident now that it is over and you have had time to process it?
     "It was the scariest moment of my life, I was so scared to make sure everyone was ok and that we could afford to fix the car too"

Story:
A head on collision on Slaughter Lane today, has put an innocent man in the hospital and his wife looking for hope.
   
"It was the scariest moment of my life," Melba Smith says, "I was so scared to make sure everyone was ok and that we could afford to fix the car too"

The car were going at completely different speeds and Roger Clementine was facing the wrong way.

"I thought I was in complete control, I didn't think anything like this would ever happen to me."

The cars crashed husband and wife Smith were going to the store to get a cake for John's birthday, and Clementine was leaving from his uncles.

 "I hadn't wanted to go visit my uncle for the weekend I wanted to go hang out with my friends, I                 figured that if i could drive myself back my parents wouldn't take me back."

Clementine make a mistake that he soon started to try to repair.



"I feel so ashamed of what I did, I would give up anything to take it back. I've donated my savings the the family to help with medical bills, ect. 

In this quote it shows that Clementine regrets what he had done and was trying to help fix it 

"I honestly don't think that he meant to hurt anyone but he wasn't thinking and people have consequences for not thinking."

Clementine and Smith were given minor injuries, as husband John Smith was not so lucky.

"I left with only a bloody nose, but sadly my husband wasn't as lucky. He is currently in the ICU and is suffering from brain damage."

Smith, waits out of the hospital for 10 hours while John was undergoing surgery.

"I felt as if it was only a small price to pay he has never left my side and I was not going to leave his." 

The damage caused by the accident, caused John to live with a TBI.

"He was never the same again but the most important thing was that he was still happy and we were happy together."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free Write: Book Review

Current Events Quiz 4.3

The Dispatch Issue #5