Current Events 4.2

Short Response:

1. How much money did Steve Adler raise in his 2014 Austin Mayor's race, according to the story on page A1 "Adler raises $283,164..."
Steve Adler raised more than one million in his 2014 Mayor for Austin race.

2. How many jobs could be created if Apple decides to make Austin its second headquarters? Page B5 "Could Austin be chosen for Apple's..."
If Apple decides to make Austin its second headquarters, 20,000 jobs could be created.

3. What are two digital currencies mentioned in the article on page B6 "Bitcoin below $10,000..."
Two digital currencies mentioned in the article were CME and Cboe

4. What are the final three potential locations for a new MLS soccer stadium in Austin? Page C1 "Exposition Center ruled out as a potential home"
The final three potential locations for the new MLS soccer stadium are an Butler Shores Metropolitan Park,Roy Guerrero Metropolitan Park, and McKalla Place.


5. What is "Dinder"? Page D1
Dindr is like a food dating app, where at the beginning it has you swipe left or right based off the food you like then you get three matches a day and they suggest restaurants for you to meet at.

Long Response:
Read the story on page D6 "Child actors have always had it rough..."

This article is talking about Child Hollywood stars and what they go through. Some of the problems you can have being a child star is that everyone is looking at you and you can't do something wrong without everyone pointing it out. The only ones that they mentioned that I knew were Matilda and Modern Family, but I wanna watch Stranger Things so bad. My favorite show currently is Riverdale!! My main source of entertainment is probably Netflix and YouTube. I watch most of my entertainment on YouTube though. I defiantly want to go into the film or writing industry when I get older, but I don't think I would ever want to be a child actor. I wouldn't be someone able to deal with all of that at such a young age. I don't think I've ever met or gotten in to contact with anyone from Hollywood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Write: Book Review

Current Events Quiz 4.3

The Dispatch Issue #5