Car Raid

Sparkle Kitty is what Emily Clay named her car 5 years ago when she purchased the small white Nissan that she has now.

“When I first got the car I was so happy,” Clay said. “But then I realized it just wasn’t me enough, and I had to change it.”

The next day Clay stitched pink and white fabric all through her brand new car, and placed rocks all through her car.

“Since I love fabric and love sewing, it made me feel very comforted being around it when I drive,” Clay said.

Clay is a full-time costume designer and is a part-time artist, and by the second week she had her car it was full of art and all things pink.

“I like that how my car says a lot about me,” Clay said. “And that its not everyone’s basic car, it just shows the kind of person I am.”

Clay loves collecting rocks because she believes that they can hold a specific type of energy, and can be used for various things.

“I keep lots of orgnite in my car, because there is a lot of hate on the roads,” Clay said. “And the stone is used to turn negative energy into positive.”

Clay had placed a chunk of orgnite in every corner of the car, and also in the glove box, in addition many other rocks were found that are used for different purposes.

“Citrine is also another rock that I use to convert the negative energy into positive, and that’s what the rose quartz mainly does as well.”

Car crashes happen all the time, and while it's not something many people choose to think about, but Clay does and she has a big piece jade in the glove box in case.

“My piece of jade keeps me calm when I’m driving, because while I don’t like to think about crashes,” Clay said. “The stone jade is used to help spirits move on and gives a more peaceful death.”

In the front seat of the car Clay also had a small pocket sized citizen's handbook, that Clay keeps to provide protection.

“Being an African American women I like to keep a citizen’s handbook,” Clay said. “I feel that if I were to get pulled over it makes me less of a target if you know your rights and no one can take advantage of you.”

Clay keeps many of these things in her car to keep her safe and make her feel more comfortable while driving.

“Even with all my things in my car, the road can still be dangerous and stressful,” Clay said. “But if these things make me feel more calm, I should still have them.”

Word Count: 451

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Write: Book Review

Current Events Quiz 4.3

The Dispatch Issue #5